Wednesday, August 14, 2013

1st Day of Kindergarten

Well today is the day... Aubrey's 1st day of Kindergarten.  We still cannot believe that she is big enough to be a Kindergartner.  She was ready, she has been talking since the end of Preschool about going to Kindergarten and making new friends.  The last few days we could tell she was getting nervous but after a talk last night with daddy she was feeling better and ready to go again.  She slept really well last night, and woke up with no issues this morning.  Well, okay there was one issue, but we knew it was coming.  Monday night when we were at her Kindergarten Open House the PTO had packets for all of the children, in the packet was a yellow shirt that said "Making Friends @ Daleville Elementary.  They asked that all the Kindergartners wore their shirts on the 1st day of school.  


The shirt was cute but anyone who knows Aubrey, knows this is not her thing... So what is wrong with this shirt you ask? Well according to Aubrey: it's yellow (which is not a girl color), it's a t-shirt (this just will not do for school), and it is too big (enough said there).  After she saw the shirt at the school I knew I was going to have to find a way to make this shirt work for the 1st day of school.  Not to mention Aubrey's exact words were this is not as good as one of her "cute" outfits that she has for school.  Wow wonder what she is going to be like when she is older.  Aubrey has always been a fashionista, so I expected nothing short of her not liking the t-shirt.

So we rolled the sleeves, tied the back, and paired with some black star leggings and a black skirt and waaa laaa....


We at least have an outfit she is comfortable enough in to wear for her big day!  Oh, and of course it is August and only 50 degrees outside this morning so we took our pictures quickly!  



Once we all got to the school we walked her in and all the children and their parents were waiting in the cafeteria to be dismissed by the principal per grade level for their 1st day of school.  Aubrey looked a little nervous sitting in the cafeteria waiting, she would not look at me for a picture which was a dead giveaway that she was nervous.


She made it to her class and put her backpack away and had a seat at her desk, I know she is going to have so much fun in Kindergarten.  It looks like she has a good group of children to make friends with and her teacher and aids seem really nice!  






I cannot wait until 2:50 p.m. when I can go and pick up my baby girl from her 1st day of school.  Oh I must include that Mommy, Daddy & Addi did really good too!  No tears from Mommy or Daddy and Addi only cried a little because she wanted Aubrey to go to Grandma Margie's with her.  We are celebrating Aubrey's day by taking her to her favorite restaurant tonight for dinner... Moe's!  

I will have to fill you in as to how Aubrey says her 1st day went later.... I'm sure it was awesome!  One last picture for you... Addi needed in on the picture taking fun too even though she didn't want to get dressed!


No comments:

Post a Comment